Bradenton’s Memorial Pier dates back to 1878. The
Pier’s building was built in 1928 and dedicated to honoring 21 young men from Manatee County who died in WW1. Over the next five decades, the two-story Memorial Pier was used for a variety of functions, both public and private.
The large second floor with riverfront views was the social scene for dances and events (currently the elegant PIER 22
Ballroom). Until the mid-1940s, the ground floor was used as a warehouse for freight from steamers going
into Tampa. Then, a portion of the building became the first home of the South Florida Museum. The Manatee
County Chamber of Commerce also resided here for 34 years along with Manatee County’s first radio station,
which began broadcasting in 1946.
IIn 1974, The Miller Family acquired the old building from the city and briefly considered tearing it down. They soon realized, however, that the architectural and historic value of this Bradenton landmark needed to be preserved.
It was important to maintain the building’s Spanish-style design, and meticulous restoration lasted two years. Since
then, the downstairs has served as a restaurant, and the upstairs includes the Grand Ballroom and offices.
The Miller family has taken great measures to ensure the building’s historic style and integrity remain intact
while surrounding the pier with a beautiful 225 slip marina.
PIER 22 has become a distinctive destination for casual fine dining in downtown Bradenton. In addition to our magnificent views of the Manatee River, charming ambiance and impeccable service, what has made us so popular with guests from near and far is our commitment to using only the highest quality ingredients to prepare all of our foods. Meat and fish are purchased fresh then cut from the whole rather than portion controlled and/or frozen. Moreover, from our soups and salads to our sauces on our entrees to our specialty desserts, our Chef proudly prepares many of the menu selections completely from scratch.
PIER 22 Features
- Lunch and Dinner daily with Sunday Brunch
- Sushi Bar from 3pm and all day Wednesday & Friday
- The Patio features a full bar & fire pit
- The Waterfront Terrace offering al fresco dining
- Waterfront Ballroom seating 200+ overlooking the Manatee River
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms for all occasions (weddings, receptions, corporate events and parties)
- Catering full service offsite and onsite
- Complimentary dockage available while dining
- Overnight dockage call 941.747.8300 for slip assignment
- Daily Happy Hour 3-7pm • Half price wells, select calls, drafts, house wine & $4 Mojitos, $4 Martinis, $4 Bartendar Cocktails & $6/$7/$8 Small Plates
- Sunday • Oysters by the dozen $10.00 • $4.00 Mimosas & Bloody Marys • Brunch from 11am-3pm
- Tuesday • Free Wine & Cheese Tasting from 5-7pm
- Friday • Prime Rib Special from 4pm-close
- Saturday • Prime Rib Special from 4pm-close